Company of Legends is not a tournament and as such the awards will reflect this attitude. Beyond a framed certificate and possibly a toy medal, there are no prizes meaning there is no need to adopt a ‘win at all costs’ attitude.
The awards we will be giving out are all based on sportsmanship, painting, good conduct and having a laugh and some decent banter with like minded people.
- The Emperor’s Champion—Open to Loyalist players this award is based on what the organisers feel was the best player for that side during the weekend- e.g. pulling out a shock result, all round awesome gaming…
- The Despoiler—Open to Traitor players this award is based on what the organisers feel was the best player for that side during the weekend- e.g. pulling out a shock result, all round awesome gaming…
- The Artificer – The army receiving the most votes from players. This will be judged on Saturday at lunch. Anyone hoping to win should display their army suitably after the 1st game.
- The Artisan – The army deemed by the painting judge to be the best at the event. This will judged throughout the weekend by specified judges who will not be allowed to have their army considered for this award.
- The Paragon – Given to the player receiving the highest sports score.
- The Historiographer – Great things happen in games; tales of underdogs getting the better of great warriors, tanks blowing up and taking half a force with it or simple bolters taking down Demi-Gods. Tell the organisers your greatest stories and one will win a prize.
- Muster-Master—Amazing armies start with amazing lists. This award is given to the player who presents the best army list, be that one filled with fluff and stories or one presented in a unique way, such as being laser etched on acrylic.